Pakuranga Country Club was established in 1974 after purchase of the previously farmed property, from Cascades Golf Company. Over the ensuing 10 years the course was developed and evolved in line with the design and tree planting plan prepared by Mr Jack Eccles. The original farmhouse served as a congenial Clubhouse but soon proved inadequate, requiring a new clubhouse to be built in 1978 and officially opened in 1979.
The Pakuranga Country Club, now more recently known as Pakuranga Golf Club, has continued to evolve with extensive course developments, enlarged green keeper’s complex, clubhouse expansion, Pro coaching facilities and a robust, growing and varied membership. Read more about our history here.
The current 18-hole par 72 6013m golf course, now features as one of the most prominent golf courses in the Auckland area and provides a balance of challenge and ease to golfers and members of all levels of ability. The well stocked Pro Shop is run by PGA Professional, Sam Thomas, and supported by Sam Abela – Golf Operations Manager, and James Jin – Pro Shop Assistant, all of whom are can assist members and visitors with coaching, equipment sales and club fitting or repairs.
The Club hosts Corporate and Charity Golf days, with the Greenside Function Centre being ideal for dinners, meetings, conferences, weddings and special events.
Pakuranga Golf Club welcomes new members and offers flexible membership packages and benefits to suit. Whether you choose to play 6 or 60 times a year, enjoy playing on one of Auckland’s top golf courses at an affordable price.
To be the golf course of choice within the East Auckland area and widely recognised as an innovator in the development of golf for the future.
Our Mission Statement
To create a healthy and sustainable Club that provides quality golfing and social facilities whilst fostering a friendly, positive environment.
• To provide a course that tests and is enjoyed by most players.
• To continually improve the standard and appearance of the course through affordable and sustainable investment programmes.
• To manage the Club efficiently through robust administration processes and cost effective use of the Club’s resources and assets.
• To maintain a sustainable subscription and green fee structure that is competitive with clubs of similar location, size and facilities.
• To provide a congenial, friendly and sociable environment for members and visitors.
• To provide a pathway of success for our pennant teams and Club representatives
• To provide an on-going junior mentoring and support programme to create a pathway to success.
• To responsibly engage with our neighbours and local council bodies.